Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install problems after update.
Hi,

I've been successfully using the OSPi and SIP software for a couple years.  Thanks for providing it!

However, I recently git pulled updated code to try and solve a problem where my station names kept getting overwritten.  Now however, it doesn't seem to want to run at all.  I have even tried creating a fresh work area and tried to get it to run but it bombs out right away.  I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious to the experts, since I'm barely literate in Python. ( I'm using Python 2.7.3). 

Please have a look and let me know if you have a suggestion for a fix. Thanks!

Here is what I tried:
>git clone https://github.com/Dan-in-CA/SIP
>cd SIP
>sudo python sip.py

Here are the error messages I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "sip.py", line 28, in <module>

gv.os_cname = subprocess.check_output(['lsb_release', '-c'])[10:-1]

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 537, in check_output

process = Popen(stdout=PIPE, *popenargs, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__

errread, errwrite)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1259, in _execute_child

raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
I figured out the problem, and I don't think it had anything to do with the sip.py code. Somehow, my raspbian lsb-release package seems to have disappeared.

The solution was to run the following commands to update the utility lsb_release which is in the package lsb-release which is in raspbian.
 >sudo apt-get update
 >sudo apt-get install lsb-release

Now I'm back in business! and my lawn and garden will be happier for it. 

Thanks for reading.
Thanks for the info. I was having the same issue, and ended up commenting out the line "gv.os_cname = subprocess.check_output(['lsb_release', '-c'])[10:-1]" from sip.py to get it running after the update. lsb-release package was not included in my rasbian install either.
Thanks for reporting this.

I will comment out that code on GitHub.

It is intended to be used for selecting the auto-start method to be used based on the version of Raspbian.

Dan