Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way to Change program names?
Howdy folks! Love the program! We are about to Impliment some crop steering using SIP. 

I was wondering if there is a way to rename the programs? It would be beneficial to us as were will be adding about 15 different feeds for each room about 10 rooms. and each room with will 3 sets of differnt watering schedules based on times of the cycle. 

As it stands they are listed as program 1, program 2 etc. We would like to be able to label them Flower 1 Transisition, Flower 1 bloom, Flower 1 Ripen. Etc.

Is this possible? Did I miss something simple? Also we are currnently still on 3.2.62 is it maybe in the newer versions?

Thank you kindly for any assistance anyone may be able to provide.
This is on the to-do list but has not been implemented yet.

For now you could add the room/stage/program name to the station name from the Stations page e.g.
1-Flower 1 bloom
2-Flower 1 bloom

I realize this is not ideal but it could help.

Good luck on your project.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Some of the program name feature are already in place.

Things are kind of slow now. I will look into implementing it in the next couple of weeks.

Dan
<p><br></p>
(2021 Nov 19, 08:20 PM)dan Wrote: Some of the program name feature are already in place.

Things are kind of slow now. I will look into implementing it in the next couple of weeks.

Dan

That would be awesome and would be very much appreciated on our end.

Thank you kindly for such a quick response and I look forward to hearing back again!
OK.
Program naming has been added starting with SIP version 4.2.28.

If you are upgrading from SIP version 3.x.x I would recommend doing a fresh install.
SIP versions 4+ can run under Python3 a well as Python2. Running under Python3 is highly recommended as Python2 is no longer supported by the Python developers.

Also, if you will be running a large number of stations you should consider using Astrogerards port expander plugin called "pcf857x_plugin". This plugin is Python3 only.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Awesome! you rock! This will be a great addition to our setup..

Also thank you for the recommended upgrade info.

Very much appreciated for your time and assistance!