Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wi-Fi relays for more flexibility and PUMPs
(2022 Dec 21, 04:21 PM)pedrosantos009 Wrote:
(2022 Oct 20, 05:20 PM)dan Wrote: Thank you Pedro.

I will do some testing as soon as I have some time.

The SIP plugin manager is designed to install plugins automatically. We want to make things a easy as possible for users who may not be familiar with Linux  or  even Raspberry Pi.

The manifest file is use to list files to be downloaded from the SIP plugin repo and tells the plugin manager where to save the files on the Pi.

I will test the submodule option and see if it can be used with the plugin manager.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I create a pull request for the fist version of advance control. If not work as sub-module I can put the code itself.

Pedro

Pedro,
I added a comment to your pull request describing how to get your plugin working with the SIP plugin manager/installer.
<p><br></p>
I have created a system that is only limited by the number of IP addresses that your router can handle (my Asus can handle about 30) It involves taking the MQTT output from SIP and massaging it in Home Assistant (key line being
- "{{ (states('sensor.sip')|from_json)[ repeat.index - 1] == 1 }}"
) to send on or off signals to Tasmotized Sonoff R2 Basic relays. (one could also use tasmotized ESP-01's with a 5V power supply)

(I am in the process of documenting my system and will post a link to it when it is in a usable state)
Old Surfer Dude
Interesting.
Looking forward to seeing what you have come up with.

Dan
<p><br></p>
(2023 Apr 06, 03:37 PM)dan Wrote: Interesting.
Looking forward to seeing what you have come up with.

Dan

Sorry for the long delay in getting the link SIP-HomeAssistant

My small, 1/3 acre has 5 micro climates.  Much of it comprises 9 terraces.  On the top of the 9th terrace are 2 fifty gallon barrels into which I capture water.  The water is gravity fed to the zones.  The zone timing not only depends on the usual weather and flora, but also on the terrace level because the water pressure varies with height.  Thus I need about 20 zones with zero pressure valves. (home irrigation valves usually require 20 psi to operate)

Home assistant is powerful, but arcane.  It is steeped in the mysticism of python mixed with jinja: very clever programming that is lightly documented.  

SIP is my user interface.  Messages are carried by MQTT, from SIP to Home Assistant.   Home Assistant decodes the JSON coming from SIP to determine which zone to turn on and then sends that information, via MQTT, to the MySensors gateway.  The  MySensors gateway is also configured to be an actuator of 10 relays. These relays are wired to be a 5x5 cross bar which yields 25 zones.  The cross bar circuit is powered with 12VDC and requires 2 diodes (flyback and feedback prevention) for each zone.

SIP, MQTT, and Home Assistant (in a virtual machine) run on a dedicated computer running Ubuntu linux.  The MySensors gateway runs on a Raspberry Pi Zero W

The cost is less than $200, not including valves, ~$100 for the computer, ~$30 RPi, ~$10 Relays, $15 power supply, ~$45 wires, etc.  Zero pressure valves are about $25 each.

It also takes a lot of time and sweat equity.

All of that and SIP is the key ingredient.  Thanks Dan!
Old Surfer Dude
Interesting.
Thanks for the update.

Dan
<p><br></p>