Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.02 Missing Program Schedule
A few strange issues on the upgrade journey to 4.02:
- Upgraded to 3.2.66 a few days ago - seemed to be some mid-cycle changes on the pathway to 4.x, and it wouldn't restart after the update. I had to 'sudo pip3 install future' to fix the missing dependency.
- Today, after updating to 4.02, everything restarted correctly except the programs 'tab'. When selected it would fail out to "internal error" (or some similar text). Restarting the Pi or systemctl the service etc. didnt seem to make difference. After an hour of hacking around, it suddenly came back; I had resaved lots of things, auto/manual, system on/off etc. but no real changes. I did backup my data/program*.json files straight after the upgrade, might set them back again to see if they were involved. No real concerns here, just marking it in case someone else see's the same thing.

My current problem is the station programs don't show in the day/time schedule dashboard, perhaps indicating the scheduler won't run ? I've tried to fix through deleting all programs, re-adding them and have restarted many times - just can't get them to show up. The PI date/time and all configuration looks OK. Just the scheduler appears to be broken, or something in my old settings didnt quite port across the versions ? FWIW the stations all still work manually.

BTW: Dan, thanks for all your efforts. Really appreciate your long term updates and support !
The 4.0.x version is a major upgrade. It not only provides Python3 compatibility but also has a new format for the irrigation program data.

There is a utility program in the SIP folder "convert_progs.py" that is intended to automatically convert the data in the programs.json file and save it into a separate file named programData.json. During startup SIP tries to load the programData.json file and if the file is not found it will run the convert_progs.py file.

If you have a backup of your programs.json file you can either delete the programData.json file and restart SIP or run the conversion program manually with
Code:
python convert_progs.py
from the SIP directory. Your original data file will not be changed.

I appreciate the feedback.
There is still a lot to do such as updating and testing some of the plugins and improving the documentation. The most widely used plugins have been updated including the relay_board , relay16, the weather_level_adj and the mqtt plugins however those plugins need to be re-installed to work with SIP V4 and no longer work with SIP V3.

I am not sure why you got the "internal server error". I have done a full re-install on my local SIP system and found and fixed a few bugs before posting V4 to GitHub but things seem to be working as expected here.

The rainy season had started here and I have disabled all the irrigation for the winter so I am relying on users to report problems.

Thanks again.

Dan
<p><br></p>