Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modification
heyy Dan,
Can I modify, edit, delete your code and make and commercialize my product providing you credits?
Waiting for your response.
SIP is under the GNU GPL License:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html

which does allow use of the software in commercial products.

As far as I know the SIP code has already been used in at least one commercial product.

If you use it I would appreciate if you would send me a link to information about your product.

Dan
(2017 Sep 03, 03:08 PM)dan Wrote: SIP is under the GNU GPL License:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html

which does allow use of the software in commercial products.

As far as I know the SIP code has already been used in at least one commercial product.

If you use it I would appreciate if you would send me a link to information about your product.

Dan

Thanks for the reply dan. 
I would certainly send you the link but can you tell me how to obtain Wunderground API key and update the site at Raspberry pi.
Also how to edit the website to add my company name and logo along with other details. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
You can find information abut weather underground keys here:
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/pricing.html

Developer keys are free but are limited in the number of free data requests. Your customers would need to obtain there own keys or you could purchase a key that you could provide to them.

As far as changing the logo and product name goes, that could get pretty complicated due to the fact that the file names, logo, and faveicon images are all SIP based. You will need to be familiar with linux, Python, and javascript programming to make all the changes and to be able to provide support to your customers.
(2017 Sep 05, 04:46 PM)dan Wrote: You can find information abut weather underground keys here:
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/pricing.html

Developer keys are free but are limited in the number of free data requests. Your customers would need to obtain there own keys or you could purchase a key that you could provide to them.

As far as changing the logo and product name goes, that could get pretty complicated due to the fact that the file names, logo, and faveicon images are all SIP based. You will need to be familiar with linux, Python, and javascript programming to make all the changes and to be able to provide support to your customers.

Can I prepare a product based on SIP and patent it in India. Am i having all rights to patent this product? What is the other comercial product in which sip was used? Can you share me the link?
I am not able to provide legal advice especially regarding patent laws of India.
You will need to seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Of course, even if you patent a product based on SIP, anyone can still get a free copy of SIP and modify it for their own use.
(2017 Dec 12, 04:48 PM)dan Wrote: I am not able to provide legal advice especially regarding patent laws of India.

Of course, even if you patent a product based on SIP, anyone can still get a free copy of SIP and modify it for their own use.

As you are the admin please drop me a mail saying I have all the rights to patent a SIP based product in India and you have no problems with that. My email id is pratikkhandelwal497@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
(2017 Dec 13, 04:04 AM)pratikkhandelwal Wrote:
(2017 Dec 12, 04:48 PM)dan Wrote: I am not able to provide legal advice especially regarding patent laws of India.

As you are the admin please drop me a mail saying I have all the rights to patent a SIP based product in India and you have no problems with that. My email id is pratikkhandelwal497@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Actually I do have a problem with that.
SIP is intended to be free for anyone to use anywhere.
If you want to patent something you will need to do the work necessary to create it.

Dan