Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Setup Question
I am new to sprinklers and SIP, so this is probably my mistake, but i can't figure it out. I have been trying to get my new system setup. It is one zone feeding a drip irrigation system right now. I can't figure out what is happening. With the hardware off the valve is closed. When boot up the Pi the water stays off. That makes sense, but when I then do a 'run once' for say 30 seconds the system stays off, then when the 30 seconds is up the system comes on (the status in SIP says OFF). If I do a 'run once' for another 30 seconds it turns off when the program starts and turns on when it ends. If I then select 'system off' it turns the water off.

The valve I am using is an Irritrol 2500T (http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritr.../2500t.htm)

Any thoughts on what might be happening?
If you are using a relay board with the relay_board plugin you need to go to PLUGINS > relay_board and change Active Low to Active high.
Thanks for the response, but I am using the Open Sprinkler Pi board.
Hmm...

It seems like the on-off logic is reversed. I use an OSPi board here and have never seen this problem.

Have you checked the connection between the Pi and the OpenSprinkler board to make sure the pins are aligned properly?