Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIP in docker container
(2020 Jun 13, 07:49 AM)mimer Wrote: Hi again,
  just tested the settings dockerfile/docker-compose that should have worked out for steve bruggemann's sip-docker setup...and it didn't made the trick...so, I guess, I try to get in touch with Steve to ask him whether he faced once the same issue I do now...still the same...access to portal works fine, bit everytime a sip restart is required (note: not the container!) this strange error message is displayed...
Looking at the logs from above:

Restarting...
::ffff:192.168.178.70:37038 - - [12/Jun/2020 09:53:45] "HTTP/1.1 GET /static/scripts/goHome.js" - 200
Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

..something wrong with absulte/relative pathes in SIP modules or outside?

Kr,
Michael

The old image "sbruggeman87/sip-docker" I tried a long time ago but isn't working. Also it is based on python2.

Just now I tried to create an SIP image from a Dockerfile and it works. For the data directory I used a mount point. So far so good. However when adding plugins either via a manual update or via the Dockerfile I think I'm missing something how plugins are handled in SIP. Copying files as described in the Manifest file isn't sufficient apparently.

However when I put the whole SIP installation on the mount point (almost) everything works fine. Adding and enabling plugins do work. So not ideal but it is working (kind of).

In all cases you should restart the container when SIP wants to restart itself. That is how it is and should be in a containerized world. If the (main) process is gone, the container should also be gone. If you have a cluster like kubernetes a new image will be fired up by the cluster.

For now I can't see advantages in using docker for SIP since it runs mostly on a Pi or other sbc. What are your arguments (apart from that is is a lot of fun to do) to want to containerize SIP? 

--Gerard

Messages In This Thread
SIP in docker container - by mimer - 2020 Jun 12, 10:44 AM
RE: SIP in docker container - by dan - 2020 Jun 12, 02:56 PM
RE: SIP in docker container - by astrogerard - 2020 Jun 12, 04:18 PM
RE: SIP in docker container - by mimer - 2020 Jun 13, 06:03 AM
RE: SIP in docker container - by mimer - 2020 Jun 13, 07:49 AM
RE: SIP in docker container - by astrogerard - 2020 Jun 13, 09:54 PM
RE: SIP in docker container - by mimer - 2020 Jun 14, 04:13 AM
RE: SIP in docker container - by mimer - 2020 Jun 14, 07:37 AM
RE: SIP in docker container - by mimer - 2020 Jun 14, 01:35 PM
RE: SIP in docker container - by astrogerard - 2020 Jun 14, 03:52 PM