Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.02 Missing Program Schedule
The 4.0.x version is a major upgrade. It not only provides Python3 compatibility but also has a new format for the irrigation program data.

There is a utility program in the SIP folder "convert_progs.py" that is intended to automatically convert the data in the programs.json file and save it into a separate file named programData.json. During startup SIP tries to load the programData.json file and if the file is not found it will run the convert_progs.py file.

If you have a backup of your programs.json file you can either delete the programData.json file and restart SIP or run the conversion program manually with
Code:
python convert_progs.py
from the SIP directory. Your original data file will not be changed.

I appreciate the feedback.
There is still a lot to do such as updating and testing some of the plugins and improving the documentation. The most widely used plugins have been updated including the relay_board , relay16, the weather_level_adj and the mqtt plugins however those plugins need to be re-installed to work with SIP V4 and no longer work with SIP V3.

I am not sure why you got the "internal server error". I have done a full re-install on my local SIP system and found and fixed a few bugs before posting V4 to GitHub but things seem to be working as expected here.

The rainy season had started here and I have disabled all the irrigation for the winter so I am relying on users to report problems.

Thanks again.

Dan
<p><br></p>

Messages In This Thread
4.02 Missing Program Schedule - by rimmel - 2019 Nov 30, 06:02 AM
RE: 4.02 Missing Program Schedule - by dan - 2019 Dec 01, 04:18 PM