Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Format of MQTT Schedule plugin commands?
Yeah, I was playing with MQTT in general a bit just to be more familiar with it. I was specifically trying to figure out what commands the MQTT Schedule plugin for SIP responded to, and figured out that sending {\"S01\":\"1\"}" to the Schedule plugin would start Station 1, but {\"S01\":\"0\"}" would not stop it. It seems that {\"S01\":\"1\"}" starts the station in an odd state where the run time is 0:00 minutes : seconds, but the station never stops.

Typing this out and thinking about this - do I need to have the SIP instance I'm trying to control with the MQTT Schedule plugin in "manual" mode? That would make sense based on the MQTT Slave plugin documentation.

With regards to your question about what I want the moisture sensor to do; I'm still figuring that out a bit, but my rough idea was that the sensor (running on an ESP8265 or ESP32 for the built in WiFi and familiar Arduino IDE) would sample the soil's moisture level at a set time, and then based on the moisture level, tell SIP to water the area the sensor is in for a preset amount of time. I'd eventually want to make this more complex, but I could fairly easily put a lookup table into the ESP to implement something like "If the moisture level is 20%, then water the zone for 15 minutes. If the moisture level is 40%, then water the zone for 10 minutes." - and so on.

So, based on that, I just need the sensor to send a MQTT message / command string to the SIP instance to turn on a zone for a set amount of time. The sensor does most of the "hard work" in terms of figuring out how long to irrigate the zone it is in.

Thanks again for your help and feedback!
Ryan

Messages In This Thread
Format of MQTT Schedule plugin commands? - by Ryan - 2019 Aug 10, 01:20 PM
RE: Format of MQTT Schedule plugin commands? - by Ryan - 2019 Aug 12, 03:44 PM