Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master Valve Behaviour
Hi All,
Firstly I want to thank all involved for an awesome program and the ease of installation was perfect. Very impressive.

I have what may or may not be a niche use case where the default behavior of the master valve doesn't work well for me. I've been running it for a couple of days on my desk, disconnected from my irrigation system to build confidence before wiring it all in and throwing my "dumb" controller in the bin!

Basically when running in sequential mode with master valve selected for my 3 stations I've noticed that the master valve turns off at the same time the first station finishes, then when station 2 starts there is a one second delay for the master valve to restart. Same goes for the next. This wouldn't normally be a problem however I imagine that stopping and starting the big bore pump repeatedly for every station can't be good for the longevity of the pump! Effectively turning one on/off cycle into 3 each time the program runs.

On my current "dumb" controller it leaves the bore running as it switches between stations until it is finished running the complete program. 

So I got around this by going into Options -> Configure Master -> Master Off Adjust = 1 . This now leaves the pump running throughout the program which is great.

Instead now it leaves the pump running for 1 second after it's finished the program and closed all the valves which again will lead to a massive pressure spike just before it turns off, possibly damaging or at least adding wear to the pump.

I'm using the relay_board plugin with a cheapo chinese 8 relay optocoupler board with active low mode.

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong? Appreciate any advice.

Messages In This Thread
Master Valve Behaviour - by macca - 2015 Oct 29, 12:07 PM
RE: Master Valve Behaviour - by dan - 2015 Oct 30, 06:00 PM
RE: Master Valve Behaviour - by dan - 2015 Nov 01, 08:15 PM
RE: Master Valve Behaviour - by macca - 2015 Nov 01, 10:17 PM