Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pigpio
Clearly good points. I dont really have an opinion on the importance of Beagle Bone, but I did notice it is not supported in plugins/relay_board.py. I am assuming as we keep developing it is more likely some things wont work on that platform anyways. We could isolate a BB repository if desirable.

In terms of physical vs broadcom pins, that is a bit of a drag. For the pins we use (excluding relay_board) only one mapping is different between the different versions I see. As we go forward, I can see more things attached to pins and some of those things would certainly benefit from the functions in the pigpio library. Keeping both libraries leads to some complex looking code if you always have to deal with both.

I would be happy to make the changes that do the mapping and get everything I know about in plugins and gpio_pins and helpers to work with pigpio. I have a preference for that rather than to make all that code work in both contexts since every call has to change. We could add a third library and rewrite everything in terms of that, but that doesnt seem any better. Of course, I can only test my changes on RPI_VERSION==3 because that is what I have.

I am comfortable keeping all pin numbers as physical in the project, but we would map those physical to bcm before accessing the library. Something like GPIO.input(pin_rain_sense) would become pigpio.read(pin_rain_sense) and pin_rain_sense = pin_map[8] instead of the current pin_rain_sense = 8

What do you say?

Messages In This Thread
pigpio - by bkoblenz - 2015 Aug 16, 09:09 PM
RE: pigpio - by dan - 2015 Aug 16, 09:42 PM
RE: pigpio - by bkoblenz - 2015 Aug 17, 02:11 AM
RE: pigpio - by dan - 2015 Aug 17, 03:10 AM
RE: pigpio - by bkoblenz - 2015 Aug 17, 04:56 AM
RE: pigpio - by KanyonKris - 2015 Nov 26, 07:20 AM
RE: pigpio - by dan - 2015 Nov 26, 06:05 PM