Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - fixed
Thanks Dan,
the System Update appeared to be broken in 3.1.87, kept telling me the 3.1.88 update was available and on selecting that, resolved to a blank page with http://<SIP IP Address>/UPu with a HTTP500 Internal Server Error. Various reboots, etc and still same.

I tried manually modding my gpio_pins.py with the changes you made, but that did not work. Rain sensor logic got screwed up and eventually I could not browse to it. Rebuilt afresh - now on 3.1.88. Long way round.

Now testing with shorting pin 8 to Grnd, I get Rain Sensed on the home page, but removing the short still says same. Clicking and setting 1 hour sets the countdown. Am I right to expect a zero (default) value should just toggle the rain sensor on and off without any delay when the short is placed and removed?
Just setting my relays/programs, etc back up now and will mess with rain sensor toggling later.

I tested my two relays using the pulse plug in - then set them for sequential ( or concurrent) and 20 and 30s respectively....on return to home page relay status shows off even though both relays operate. The relays I use have LEDs built into them (https://www.jaycar.com.au/arduino-compat...d/p/XC4419) so I can see they're active...and yep, I am refreshing the home page multiple times.
Similarly, setting a Program for either or both relays and I see them operate based on the settings, but the status on the home page stays off...
I'm sure this was working on 3.1.87, but don't have the zip to roll back to check.

Thanks for the support.
Bob

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - by dan - 2017 Jan 05, 07:33 PM
RE: Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - by draggaj - 2017 Jan 05, 09:28 PM
RE: Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - by dan - 2017 Jan 06, 12:09 AM
RE: Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - by draggaj - 2017 Jan 06, 09:51 AM
RE: Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - by draggaj - 2017 Jan 06, 12:03 PM
RE: Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - by dan - 2017 Jan 06, 05:01 PM
RE: Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - by dan - 2017 Jan 07, 08:27 PM
RE: Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - by draggaj - 2017 Jan 09, 01:20 AM
RE: Rain Sensor stuck on Rain Sensed - by dan - 2017 Jan 10, 07:25 PM