Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Details for how Rain Sensor works
(2022 Oct 25, 09:57 PM)dan Wrote: If a rain sensor is connected to SIP running on a Raspberry Pi it will stop irrigation as long as the rain sensor's switch is active.  It is possible to set some stations to ignore the rain sensor or a rain delay on the Stations page.

Internally SIP has 2 variables that control the effect of the rain sensor. They are gv.sd["urs"] (use rain sensor) and gv.sd["rs"] (rain sensed) if both of those variables have a value of 1 irrigation will be stopped. You can find descriptions of the SIP variables in the gv_reference.txt file in the SIP directory.

Currently there is a new SIP extension (plugin) under development that integrates Node-RED with SIP. It will allow node-red to read and set almost all of SIP's variables. That may be something you could use.

Dan

When both variables are true and irrigation is scheduled or in progress is irrigation delayed or just ended for the day? Currently I have a bash script that gets the rain total and rain rate data from my station and uses web interface cmds to disable or enable the SIP system. If rain is happening during a scheduled irrigation program which has sequential station durations what happens to that program? A) if the rain sensor GPIO is active or B)if I have issued a system off web cmd. Particularly if the rain ends before the program end time. My guess in either case the program is stopped and the remainder of the program ignored for the day if “rain sensed” and “use rain sensor” are active and if system off is active at start of program or issued during the program, the program or it’s remainder is ignored for the day as well. Is that correct?

Bryan

Messages In This Thread
Details for how Rain Sensor works - by tutqiunnh - 2022 Oct 25, 09:25 PM
RE: Details for how Rain Sensor works - by dan - 2022 Oct 25, 09:57 PM
RE: Details for how Rain Sensor works - by tutqiunnh - 2022 Oct 26, 02:56 AM
RE: Details for how Rain Sensor works - by dan - 2022 Oct 26, 03:29 PM
RE: Details for how Rain Sensor works - by dan - 2023 May 28, 01:45 PM
RE: Details for how Rain Sensor works - by dan - 2023 Aug 26, 02:58 PM