Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water hammer problem
Hi,

I have a OSPi + SIP installation with 22 active Orbit valves feed by my house water supply trough a 3/4" backwater valve.  Some stations have large water flow.  When SIP programs switch from station to station I experience water hammer shock.  I found that having station operation switching with some overlap (say 5 seconds) it avoid this water hammer problem.

Is there a way to have station operation overlap (within and between programs) ?  Beside reprogramming all the SIP programs so that each of them have a single station with proper start time and duration.

BTW huge thank to DAN for this incredible application.  OSPi+SIP allowed me to upgrade from an inflexible and messy control setup containing 4 Orbit 4-6 zone timers.

In the future, I will add a master control valve and would like to add water pressure, water flow and even moisture sensors.  It will allow a better optimization of water usage and diagnostic of the valve / head / plumbing problems.  I have professional embedded system programming experience and could help implement these features.

Regards.

Messages In This Thread
Water hammer problem - by Embak - 2016 Jun 04, 02:42 PM
RE: Water hammer problem - by dan - 2016 Jun 04, 06:53 PM