Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Master stations (pump sources) possible?
Lightbulb 
Hello!

I am looking at different open source sprinkler options for an irrigation/fertigation installation, for an indoor growing facility.
SIP looks pretty awesome, and the MQTT integrations and data logging etc. make it look a lot more flexible than commercial controllers.
And I am an RPI enthusiast so it's a big win Wink

I have plants at different growth stages at the same time, with different nutrient formulations for different zones.

So I will have around 6 "master" stations that will be triggered for pump activation, for around 16 zones. Each zone will have a single master (source tank).

I haven't had a chance to set up SIP yet, I'm still planning the system. So forgive me if this is an easy question to answer once browsing the app, but I couldn't see the feature in the documentation....

- Is it possible to have more than one master station, and to select the master station for a zone in the UI?
- If it's not explicitly supported, has this challenge come up before, with a reasonable workaround?

I am not planning on using any hardware, just MQTT plugin to control PLCs around the facility that will work valves. So physical relays aren't a limitation.

Thank you, and great work developing this platform!!!

Messages In This Thread
Multiple Master stations (pump sources) possible? - by dpd - 2020 Dec 27, 01:44 AM