Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update bug??
I have been running the current version of SIP for three years now. I updated to the Nov 2019 patch and now I am getting "No module named future" errors, preventing SIP to load properly.

I reloaded a fresh copy of the SIP program onto a new micro SD card and still received the same error. Any idea what's going on.
It is a result of the update to Python 3 compatibility.
Python 2 which SIP was originally written in will no longer be supported by the Python developers after January 1 2020.

If you SSH into the SIP folder and issue the command:
Code:
git checkout Py3_WIP
You will be switched to the new version and the problem should go away.
If not try:
Code:
git pull
That will get the latest updates. There was a fix for the "No module named future" bug in the last day or so.

Most of the widely used plugins such as the relay_board relay_16 and the weather_level_adj plugins have been update to work with the Python3 compatible version of SIP.

The Py3_WIP version of SIP is being updated on a nearly daily bases and should be merged into the main branch in a couple of days unless a major bug appears.

The new version of SIP also includes a major change to the format that the irrigation programs are stored in.
There is a utility program that converts to the new format when you first run the new version of SIP (it leaves the old version of the programs file intact). That conversion program is going through some bug fixes as we speak and your irrigation programs may need some manual adjustments until the conversion program is working properly which should be ready tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience but it is necessary to keep SIP current and future proof.

Dan
<p><br></p>
I've been testing SIP for only a few days, and am writing a plugin to work with old Irritrol hardware. It was working ok, but after doing a system update it gives an http error 405 "Method Not Allowed" when entering the setup page for my plugin. This happens when running SIP on either python 2 or 3. Everything except the setup page for my plugin seems to work fine. The problem occurs with either the Py3_WIP or master branch.

I know almost nothing about html and I'm sure it's something simple, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks for any help.
First: The Py3_WIP has now been merged into the mater branch.

Regarding the error message you are getting, it is hard to know what might be causing it without seeing the code.

If you don't mind you can email your plugin files to
dkimberling59@gmail.com
and I will take a look.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Dan,
Thanks for the offer to look at the code. I found the problem; it was completely mine. I had a global variable 'settings', the same name as the settings class. Sorry for raising the problem.