Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
programs that traverse the midnight hour
Our local city does not allow watering until after 6PM, so our old controller was set to start programs at 11PM and run through to the early morning hours.  

When I put these programs into my new SIP controller, the Web Home page does not seem to know they run into the early hours of the next day.  I can't tell if this is just a problem with the WebUI, or there is a problem with the scheduler, but I'm trying to run two programs -- one that starts in the late evening on one schedule, and a second one that starts in the early morning on a second schedule.  

Has any one else run into the problem of trying to run programs that traverse the midnight hour into the next day?

It seems like scheduler.js does not correctly handle the logic of this use case.  It should consider any of the programs that are still running from the day before when deciding what to display on the home page.

Any comments?

-Gordon
Unfortunately this is a known problem at present.

There is an update in the works and this should be addressed but it may take some time.
(2019 Jun 19, 12:10 AM)dan Wrote: Unfortunately this is a known problem at present.

There is an update in the works and this should be addressed but it may take some time.

Thanks for the information.  Any guess on timeframes?  A month?  A year?  How are new updates announced?

-Gordon
Hopefully days to weeks. I will make this a priority.
SIP is also being updated to Python3 compatibility and should be completed by the end of the year when Python 2x will no longer be supported. This is one reason for things taking longer that usual.

The best way to track updates is to watch the GhtHub repository:
https://github.com/Dan-in-CA/SIP
I ran a test program that started at 11:45 PM and ran for 60 minutes.

The log shows that it did indeed run past midnight for the scheduled amount of time.

If you have logging enabled (Options > Logging > be sure the Logging Enabled box is checked), and you schedule a program to run past midnight you should see that the program ran as expected when you look at the timeline afterward.

The problem is with the display of (predicted) future programs on the timeline.

I will work on updating the code for the display of future program runs.
I have now turned on logging. I don't have any results to report yet.

Thanks for looking into this.

-Gordon