Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIAO Smart Network Sprinkler Controller
So I purchased a 16 station TIAO Smart Network Sprinkler Controller with LCD display. It has opensprinkler installed on it. How do i go about installing SIP on it? I installed SIP on an SD card using a RasPi and placed it in the SD slot, but i can not SSH into it or pull up SIP via port 80.

Thanks for any help!
Nathan
Hi Nathan,

I don't think that will work.

There is a TIAO Smart Sprinkler Pi which is designed to work with the Raspberry Pi.

The device you have is more of a stand alone unit. It appears to be similar to the Arduino based OpenSprinkler with an AVR microprocessor which will not be able to run the Raspi's OS or SIP's Python code.

Dan
Dan is correct, I purchased the RPI add on Board and have loaded Sip onto the latest version of Raspberry Pi Jessie running on an older Raspberry Pi that I had laying around, and so far the software appears stable. I need to confirm that it is triggering the correct valves before installing it into my system. I did have the unit that Nathan has but a lightning hit at my home took it out and let out all of the smoke. I will try to document this new board and post it here on the forum for others to have and make life easier with dealing with this TAO board.
It is well made but has no schmatics to work from. Being that I am a retired engineer I have the time, knowledge and test equipment to reverse engineer this very affordable board.
The install process that I found on git was a walk in the park to preform.  I hope that the connections to the valves match up. That will be a major time saver and then I can map out the rest and create an eagle schmatic drawing.

Harry  Wink
Hi Harry,

The TIAO web site is not very straight forward but they to have schematics of their boards:
https://www.tiaowiki.com/w/TIAO_Smart_Sp...are_Layout