Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weather-based water level
Currently, I am using the latest version from your GitHub repository.  The issue that I have noticed, is it appears that the weather-based water level adjustment plugin is not using the history correctly.  currently, the way I am determining this is by looking at the history daily summery records stored under the data directory and have noticed the rain_mm appears to no be adding up correctly.

Is there some debug version of the plugin around or does the debug instrumentation need to be added to the plugin?

Steve
At this point there is no debug version.
That plugin was submitted by another user.

Dan
Do you have any recommendations on how I should add debugging?
I'll take a look at the plugin.

It may be a day or two.

Dan
I will take a look at it as well. I just wondering if you had a standard variable for debugging? I noticed in one other plugin, do_log is used to increase the logging. Would it be ok to us that again?
Sure, you can use anything you like. You are working on a local copy of the plugin.
Once the problem is fixed we can update GitHub repository.

Dan
Just to be sure we are looking at the same plugin are you talking about the "Weather_adj" plugin or the "Weather_level_adj plugin?
I'm guessing the Weather_level_adj plugin.

Dan
(2016 Aug 12, 09:59 PM)dan Wrote: Just to be sure we are looking at the same plugin are you talking about the "Weather_adj" plugin or the "Weather_level_adj plugin?
I'm guessing the Weather_level_adj plugin.

Dan

I am looking at the weather_level_adj plugin.  I just sent you a pull request for the fixes for the issue that I am seeing.  The issue that I found is that the isdigit() check fails on floating point numbers. 

Steve
sjbauer, thanks for the fix. I'm just getting started with SIP and have been looking at this plugin. This may be a newbie question, but shouldn't there be a metric in the plugin to take into account how much/long you've irrigated for the previous X days?
(2016 Aug 16, 11:28 AM)adzam Wrote: sjbauer, thanks for the fix.  I'm just getting started with SIP and have been looking at this plugin.   This may be a newbie question, but shouldn't there be a metric in the plugin to take into account how much/long you've irrigated for the previous X days?

Not being the author of the plugin for I don't know for sure what his goal is, but I don't think so.  That way I look at is it takes so much water per day -- In this case, the plugin has it at 4mm a day.  So, when you irrigate, this plugin is adjusting for the amount of water that is missing since the last it was run.

The issue I see with trying to irrigate based on how much you might need (forecast) depends a lot on how good your area's forecast is. 

Steve