Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relay connection to gpio
Hello, where is the guide for connection relay module directly to correct gpio pin ?
That would be the documentation for the relay_board plugin:
https://github.com/KanyonKris/relay_board/wiki
Very good
thank you!
May I rephrase the question possibly? I am seeking the same. However the documentation refers to old 26 pin header and GPIO,,,Most of my 40 pin headers are already reserved for other items, I need to find out where to CHANGE the hardcoding to point say Station 01 to GPIO 16 or whatever other I choose?
If you are using the relay_board plugin the pins are defined in SIP/plugins/relay_board.py line 55.

If you are using a shift register interface the pins are defined in SIP/gpio_pins.py starting on line 95.
You can get a large number of stations while using only a few GPIO pins with a shift register interface such as the one described in the SIP wiki:
https://github.com/Dan-in-CA/SIP/wiki/Relay-interface

This works best with high level trigger type relays.
Hi all,

Thank you for a great piece of software. Im having issues with making the relays work - they dont move at all. Using Pi3b+.
I am using an 1 Relay module, which works great if I trigger it from Terminal. It also turns on and off at starting or restarting SIP. However, when I click Run now or Run program now, it does not do anything. Ive tried all possible options at plugin settings and many different pins. 
Could anyone tell me what am I missing here? 

Thank you and have a great day.

EDIT: I also tried to run it from terminal and dont get any errors

EDIT2: Ive managed to solve the problem by changing the relay_16.py:
I had to comment out all the GPIO.output(relay_pins[i], GPIO.HIGH) (and LOW) and change them to GPIO.setup(relay_pins[i], GPIO.IN) (or OUT). Not the perfect way to do it, but the one that works. Could it be because of the RPi model?