Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressure plugins
What is this pressure monitor plugin? It shows (Pressure sensor is connected between GPIO pin 22 and ground).

But we are not connecting pressure sensor directly to raspberry pi as shown by pump control plugin. We are connecting pressure sensor to arduino and arduino is connected to raspberry pi. Can you clear my doubt regarding this?

I am getting confused between pump control and pressure monitor plugin. Since pressure sensor monitor plugin is showing pressure sensor is connected between GPIO 22 and ground where exactly we need to connect pressure sensor?

And is pump control plugin ready for use?
As far as I know the pump plugin is ready to use.

Depending on the kind of pressure sensor you have you would connect the pressure sensor to the Arduino by:
connect the ground wire to ground
vcc to either 5v on the Arduino or to an external power supply
and the data wire to an analog pin on the Arduino

You will need to modify the Arduino firmware to account for the analog pin you are using and send the data to the Pi.
DAN,

Suppose our pump is scheduled at 12-2 and there is power failure from 12.30-1.30. So what will happen in this case? Will the pump will continue after 2 say 1.30-3.00 ? Waiting for your response
The timing algorithm looks at the start and stop times. If the pump is scheduled to run from 12:00 until 2:00 and there is a power outage from 12:30 to 1:30 the pump should run from 12:00 until 12:30 and then from 1:30 until 2:00.

This also depends on how the Raspi is powered. If the power outage stop the Pi from running it will need to reset it's time when the power comes back on. The Pi gets it's time setting from the internet. It will either need a reliable internet connection, a battery backup to keep the Pi running during the power outage or the system will need to have an RTC to keep the time setting. There is information about using an RTC in the SIP documentation and you can find out about RTC modules on the internet.