Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule "handles" and time slipping
This may be an understanding problem on my part.
1. on the main page, what are the little right and left arrow over the scheduled times for each hour? 
2. Do the arrows in the above question have anything to do with the scheduled time being in solid green and then there being some time of hashed green after it?
3. I have a program set to start at 18:00 for 1 hour (end at 19:00) and it seems to start a half hour late and runs longer than the one hour. Today it looks like it ran from 18:30 to 20:00.

Help is appreciated, I have run a previous version of SIP for a sprinkler and pool controller for years now, but It would not load any plugins and I needed the one to run shell scripts so I updated. Also this version seems not to work with the android app, is that by design?

Dale
Hi Dale,

for question 1, I think you must be referring to arrows that sometimes appear in the hour columns of the timeline. Those are caused by JavaScript bootstrap that allows SIP to be used on mobile devices like phones. They can be ignored They are intended for touch screen scrolling.

SIP now has an updated format for irrigation programs that is not compatible with the OpenSprinkler app but SIP can be used from a browser on a mobile device directly. You can create a shortcut for SIP on your device for quick access. That also gives you access to the plugin setup pages that the OS app could not.

I'm not sure what might be causing the timing problem you are seeing. Do you have the time zone configured properly on the raspberry Pi? If you run the "date" command on the command line does it show the correct time and date?

Dan
<p><br></p>
Video 
(2020 Jan 21, 04:19 AM)dan Wrote: Hi Dale,

for question 1, I think you must be referring to arrows that sometimes appear in the hour columns of the timeline. Those are caused by JavaScript bootstrap that allows SIP to be used on mobile devices like phones. They can be ignored They are intended for touch screen scrolling.

SIP now has an updated format for irrigation programs that is not compatible with the OpenSprinkler app but SIP can be used from a browser on a mobile device directly. You can create a shortcut for SIP on your device for quick access. That also gives you access to the plugin setup pages that the OS app could not.

I'm not sure what might be causing the timing problem you are seeing. Do you have the time zone configured properly on the raspberry Pi? If you run the "date" command on the command line does it show the correct time and date?

Dan
 Yes, Timezone is correct.
Attached are two screen shots showing how today program 2 ran correctly, but program 1 has over run it time.
Yesterday program 2 had the same hash marks behind it and ran an hour over. Pretty sure they always start on time.
(2020 Jan 22, 06:52 AM)kraftor80 Wrote:
(2020 Jan 21, 04:19 AM)dan Wrote: Hi Dale,

Dan
 Yes, Timezone is correct.
Attached are two screen shots showing how today program 2 ran correctly, but program 1 has over run it time.
Yesterday program 2 had the same hash marks behind it and ran an hour over. Pretty sure they always start on time.
I don't see the screen shots.

Dan
<p><br></p>
I guess I didnt properly add them. Here is the second try.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2020 Jan 23, 02:51 AM)kraftor80 Wrote: I guess I didnt properly add them. Here is the second try.
OK. It looks like you have SIP set to concurrent mode (sequential is off under station handling). I have duplicated your setting as much as possible from your screen shots and I am seeing the same problem.

I will do some testing but it looks like there is a bug in the code that handles concurrent mode. At least for the display on the home page.

Dan
<p><br></p>
(2020 Jan 23, 05:02 PM)dan Wrote:
(2020 Jan 23, 02:51 AM)kraftor80 Wrote: I guess I didnt properly add them. Here is the second try.
OK. It looks like you have SIP set to concurrent mode (sequential is off under station handling). I have duplicated your setting as much as possible from your screen shots and I am seeing the same problem.

I will do some testing but it looks like there is a bug in the code that handles concurrent mode. At least for the display on the home page.

Dan
yes, concurrent mode is set. Its not just in display, the actual stop times get messed with for real. Thanks for looking!

Dale
Dale,

I believe the problems are fixed.
An update has been pushed to GitHub.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Dan, Thanks for the fast work to fix issues. I updated tonight and it looks good so far.
I will add the rest of my stations now to get the pool back up and running too.
Dale