Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTTP 500 error for system update
Hi,
I updated to version 3.1.999 now when I select system update from the plugins menu I get an HTTP 500 error for http:/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/UPs

I tried a manual update but get a lot of errors about "packfile does not match index" and then a message saying "Already up to date"

Everything else appears to be functioning properly.

David
Hmm... that's strange because the latest rev on GitHub is 3.1.31. There is no version 3.1.999

I just tried a system update on my test rig and didn't see any error.

What version were you updating from?

Dan
(2015 Oct 11, 11:33 PM)dan Wrote: Hmm... that's strange because the latest rev on GitHub is 3.1.31. There is no version 3.1.999

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for responding.

I'm sorry I can't recall which version I was updating from, it may have been a while back, I was just getting it running again after Winter. This was a few weeks ago but I didn't notice the problem until this weekend. I seem to recall that it took a long time to come back up after the update.

Is there a way I can force the update to 3.1.31 over the top of what's there?

David

(2015 Oct 12, 01:30 AM)DavidCNZ Wrote:
(2015 Oct 11, 11:33 PM)dan Wrote: Hmm... that's strange because the latest rev on GitHub is 3.1.31. There is no version 3.1.999

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for responding.

I'm sorry I can't recall which version I was updating from, it may have been a while back, I was just getting it running again after Winter. This was a few weeks ago but I didn't notice the problem until this weekend. I seem to recall that it took a long time to come back up after the update.

Is there a way I can force the update to 3.1.31 over the top of what's there?

David

Just to confirm it says Software version 3.1.999 (2015-09-20)

David
Without knowing what caused the problem I would suggest re-cloning a fresh install from GitHub.

All your irrigation programs and settings are in the /data/ sub-directory so if you rename the SIP or OSPi directory with e.g.
Code:
sudo mv SIP SIP-old
then clone the new copy with:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/Dan-in-CA/SIP
and copy the data from the renamed one:
Code:
sudo cp -a /SIP-old/data/ /SIP/
That should give you a clean install with your programs and settings intact.

There was a name change from OSPi to SIP to avoid confusion with the OpenSprinkler software. If you have not updated the software in a while this may have something to do with the problem you experienced.

If you are using the init.d script to start the software automatically it should still work with the new program name but it would be better to replace the old ospi script in /etc/init.d/ with the new sip version that is included with the install. See the documentation under instillation and set up > The recommended method:
https://github.com/Dan-in-CA/SIP/wiki

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dan
Hi Dan,

You're right about it being OSPi, I'm trying to run sudo cp -a /OSPi-old/data/ /SIP/

but get the following error, the files are definitely in /OSPi-old/data/

cp: cannot stat `/OSPi-old/data/': No such file or directory

As you can see I'm a Linux noob, it's probably something very simple.

David
My fault.

The command should be:

Code:
sudo cp -a OSPi-old/data/ SIP/
That is without the first "/" on each directory name.

You can test the installation with
Code:
cd SIP
sudo python sip.py
When you see some messages about "starting timeing loop" and "plugins loaded" it is running properly and you should be able to access the program's user interface from a web browser.

If you install the sip startup script into /etc/init.d you should also delete the old ospi script:
first disable it with:

Code:
sudo update-rc.d ospi remove
then delete it with:
Code:
sudo rm /etc/init.d/ospi

Let me know how it goes.

Dan
Thanks Dan, all good now.

I really appreciate your assistance.

David