Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Password Reset and Not starting at the correct time
Hi 

I have been using SIP for a long time now and I've had little or no issues with it.  Some time ago I noticed the the stations were not turning on at the 21:00 start time.  The system still work it turns on sometime after 21:00 and runs the stations.  They run for about 3 hours after they are meant to turn off (into peak power usage).  So I set about trying to fix the issue but somehow the SIP password has been changed and I now cannot login.

I'm hoping that the timing thing is just a PI date time config but I cannot test that until I can log into SIP

Any help would be appreciated 

Paul
Hi Paul,

You will need to edit the file named sd.json in the SIP/data directory.

Change the line
"ipas": 0,
to
"ipas": 1,
Be sure to leave the comma (,) at the end.

That will allow you to login without a password after you re-start SIP.

You can also change the line:
"password": "xxx...whatever is here",
to
"password": "e74a224d3277c87785d284286f230ae5f5ee940d",
This should re-set the password to the default which is "opendoor"

If your Raspberry Pi does not have a reliable internet connection that could cause the timing to be off because the system gets it time information from the internet.

Dan
(2018 Feb 16, 01:27 AM)dan Wrote: Hi Paul,

You will need to edit the file named sd.json in the SIP/data directory.

Change the line
"ipas": 0,
to
"ipas": 1,
Be sure to leave the comma (,) at the end.

That will allow you to login without a password after you re-start SIP.

You can also change the line:
"password": "xxx...whatever is here",
to
"password": "e74a224d3277c87785d284286f230ae5f5ee940d",
This should re-set the password to the default which is "opendoor"

If your Raspberry Pi does not have a reliable internet connection that could cause the timing to be off because the system gets it time information from the internet.

Dan

Dan

Thank you I now have access to SIP  Smile is there any checks that I could do to help resolve the timing issues?

Paul
You can use the "date" command on the Pi's command line to see if the time and data are correct.

If not, the first thing to do is run the raspi-config utility on your Pi and be sure the time zone is set correctly for your location.
(2018 Feb 16, 04:14 AM)dan Wrote: You can use the "date" command on the Pi's command line to see if the time and data are correct.

If not, the first thing to do is run the raspi-config utility on your Pi and be sure the time zone is set correctly for your location.

Dan

Thank you for your help, sure enough the date was incorrect and I ended up setting it which has appeared to work

Thanks
Paul