SIP
[SOLVED] Log information not visible in timeline at homepage - Printable Version

+- SIP (https://nosack.com/sipforum)
+-- Forum: SIP (Sustainable Irrigation Platform) (https://nosack.com/sipforum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Report a problem (https://nosack.com/sipforum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Log information not visible in timeline at homepage (/showthread.php?tid=76)

[SOLVED] Log information not visible in timeline at homepage - Zapp - 2017 May 04

Hi!

Woke up my SIP in April as usual and upgraded to the latest version(3.2.2) and things started to work as normal. A few days later I noticed that activation of my zones are not shown on the timeline in the bottom of the homepage, but I can find the correct information under the LOG button.

I can not see either future nor past events in the timeline, it's just empty.

Any idea on how to troubleshoot this and what might be the problem? 

/Jonas...

RE: Log information not visible in timeline at homepage - dan - 2017 May 04

That is a hard one to diagnose without more information.

Did you see anything on the timeline right after the upgrade? In other words, does it seem to be something that changed a while after the upgrade or is it something you only noticed later but may have started right after the upgrade.

It would help if you can start the program manually from the command line. This may show an error message that could help find the problem.

You can stop the running program with:

Code:
systemctl stop sip
Then log into the SIP directory and use the command:

Code:
python sip.py

Let me know if you see any error message.

Have you tried rebooting the Pi?

Dan

RE: Log information not visible in timeline at homepage - Zapp - 2017 May 08

(2017 May 04, 03:47 PM)dan Wrote: That is a hard one to diagnose without more information.

Did you see anything on the timeline right after the upgrade? In other words, does it seem to be something that changed a while after the upgrade or is it something you only noticed later but may have started right after the upgrade.

It would help if you can start the program manually from the command line. This may show an error message that could help find the problem.

You can stop the running program with:

Code:
systemctl stop sip
Then log into the SIP directory and use the command:

Code:
python sip.py

Let me know if you see any error message.

Have you tried rebooting the Pi?

Dan

Hi!

Reboot has been done several times but doesn't help.

I can't really say what happened after the upgrade since it had not been running for about 5 months so there was nothing to show in the timeline.

I will try the manual startup and see if it complains about anything and report back.

/Jonas...

RE: Log information not visible in timeline at homepage - Zapp - 2017 May 16

Hmm...

Looks like Chrome on my laptop can't show this but Chrome on my mobile can do it without problems.

IE on my laptop also can show this timeline!!!

I don't know why but it's now down to an issue with Chrome on my laptop.

[RESOLVED] My Adblocker was the guilty one. Disabling it made everything work as expected again. Case closed.

/Jonas...

RE: [SOLVED] Log information not visible in timeline at homepage - dan - 2017 May 16

Jonas,
Thanks for reporting back with the solution. That was a real head scratcher.

Dan