Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
versioning weirdness 4.1.54 changes to 4.1.999
Photo 
Hi Dan, Hi all,
Hope you've all been safe and well.....

Noticing general weirdness after install fresh build fresh RPi and SD...
RPi 4, latest Raspian (as of 10/8/2023) and took the python3 path for SIP.

Once installed and started, but prior to reboot, the version and date shows as 4.1.54 (2023-03-25)
After reboot and then make first change, e.g. change Default Language to English and save, (which then restarts SIP) then UI reports 4.1.999 (2015-01-09). 

Also seeing popup message "SIP could not restart.Please restart the program from the command line". This occurs, for example, even after name change when I can hear (default ON relays open and close) and see UI restart SIP.

Once fully configured as I need, it appears to work as previous SIPs I have built, apart from the cosmetic versioning issue and the restart alert popup.

Anyone else?
(2023 Aug 15, 06:58 AM)draggaj Wrote: Hi Dan, Hi all,
Hope you've all been safe and well.....

Noticing general weirdness after install fresh build fresh RPi and SD...
RPi 4, latest Raspian (as of 10/8/2023) and took the python3 path for SIP.

Once installed and started, but prior to reboot, the version and date shows as 4.1.54 (2023-03-25)
After reboot and then make first change, e.g. change Default Language to English and save, (which then restarts SIP) then UI reports 4.1.999 (2015-01-09). 

Also seeing popup message "SIP could not restart.Please restart the program from the command line". This occurs, for example, even after name change when I can hear (default ON relays open and close) and see UI restart SIP.

Once fully configured as I need, it appears to work as previous SIPs I have built, apart from the cosmetic versioning issue and the restart alert popup.

Anyone else?
The last part of the version number is obtained from git at startup. The 999 you saw indicates that there was a problem getting the data needed. Probably a temporary glitch.

The "restart from the command line" message appears when SIP has been started from the command line. The restart function relies on SIP being started automatically by systemd.

Dan
<p><br></p>