Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MQTT Master Station Stays Running
Hi Dan,

Had some down time and thought I'd play with MQTT / MQTT_Hass. Mostly all good, took a few pip3 adventures to get the right paho/slugify updates; I might have a junk install with incorrect service setup etc. from years of updates!

When I trigger a run-once from HASS, the station and master starts correctly. Stop the station from HASS and the Master stays runningStop all stations resets things.

[Heh, ask me how I eventually found my weakest bit of piping and then the master still running Rolleyes ]

Thanks !

PS: I see your Python3-only update is very much in progress; you are a legend for continuing to support this!!
(2022 Sep 27, 12:22 PM)rimmel Wrote: Hi Dan,

Had some down time and thought I'd play with MQTT / MQTT_Hass. Mostly all good, took a few pip3 adventures to get the right paho/slugify updates; I might have a junk install with incorrect service setup etc. from years of updates!

When I trigger a run-once from HASS, the station and master starts correctly. Stop the station from HASS and the Master stays runningStop all stations resets things.

[Heh, ask me how I eventually found my weakest bit of piping and then the master still running Rolleyes ]

Thanks !

PS: I see your Python3-only update is very much in progress; you are a legend for continuing to support this!!
The HASS plugin was contributed by a SIP user so I am not familiar with the code but I will take a look and try to find a solution to the master staying on. It may require a change to the core program code so that any other plugin that controls a station with a master association will work properly.

The Python3-only version should be ready fairly soon. I would suggest a full re-install when upgrading to it.

Dan
<p><br></p>