Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile app
Hello,
I noticed the plugin saying mobile app but found nowhere any instructions/explanations.
Is there any app for mobiles (iOS or android)?
The mobile app the has worked with SIP is called OpenSprinkler. It is available on the various app stores.

I have not tested it recently though.

Dan
Do you remember which version was good to use? I installed the latest version (1.4.9) and although it seemed to work, my system broke after first use. App connected and recognised the system but when i told it to manually open the relays, it showed it opened and nothing happened. Now if i go from webpage and give command to open, system shows station go green and time inside brackets but nothing happens. If you know something about it let me know...Although i think i will install from the beggining either way.

Also, a bit out of subject, i have a rainsdrop water sensor. Where do i connect it to GPIO?

Thank you.
There seems to be a bug when using greek language on web interface. If i use for example run once program and set 2 valves to open, first one closes and second stays open on 1s remaining. The same thing when using english is not happening. This has nothing to do with the mobile app, since it's working ok. Bug occurs when i turn greek on.
I have the mobile apk and I am not having any issues with it. So far everything appears to be functional.
I preformed all tests local and when I get a bit more time I will test it from outside my network.

Harry

Edit:
Tried the backup function from the apk and it does not work. Darn was hoping that worked since I made a post earlier about backing up settings.
The apk also does not display the plugins.
The mobile app is designed primarily for use with the OpenSprinkler software. Samer has stated that he will not be able to support SIP's plugins with the app.

SIP is quite usable when opened in a browser on a mobile device. You can put a shortcut on your desktop and access it like an app.
If you plan to access SIP from remote locations you can do so securely using a VPN. I have been using a VPN server installed on a Pi with pivpn:
http://www.pivpn.io/

You could also use one of the third party VPN services available on the internet.