Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Viewing UI via Browser
Hi,

While trying to put together my irrigation control system, I came across SIP and it looks ideal. Thanks for making it available.

I think I have a solution the problem below. The Pi was sitting there for about 15 minutes when it suddenly produced a long list of URls and now I can access the SIP UI on the remote pc. Presumably it was waiting for something to happen. I've left the problem description below in case someone else has the same problem.

Hopefully I can get it going in the next week in the real world.

Thanks

Graham

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going through the installation process on a Pi2B connected to a monitor etc, so no SSH or VNC to get in the way. All seems to install okay and when I run it, it gets to the URL:80 line and stops at that point. I assume it is running correctly.

I then go to another pc and try to access the SIP homepage via Firefox but get a message of:

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

I also tried to run it after rebooting the Pi, (in case something needed to be changed on boot) but get the same message.

Any ideas, help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Graham
(Sunny Portugal)
(2022 Apr 15, 09:15 AM)Graham O Wrote: Hi,

While trying to put together my irrigation control system, I came across SIP and it looks ideal. Thanks for making it available.

I think I have a solution the problem below. The Pi was sitting there for about 15 minutes when it suddenly produced a long list of URls and now I can access the SIP UI on the remote pc. Presumably it was waiting for something to happen. I've left the problem description below in case someone else has the same problem.

Hopefully I can get it going in the next week in the real world.

Thanks

Graham

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going through the installation process on a Pi2B connected to a monitor etc, so no SSH or VNC to get in the way. All seems to install okay and when I run it, it gets to the URL:80 line and stops at that point. I assume it is running correctly.

I then go to another pc and try to access the SIP homepage via Firefox but get a message of:

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

I also tried to run it after rebooting the Pi, (in case something needed to be changed on boot) but get the same message.

Any ideas, help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Graham
(Sunny Portugal)

Your browser is most likely tries to connect to https: because it wants to use HSTS.   Try to force to connect to http:// and see if this works.  Otherwise try another browser and/or clear all site data to clear the HSTS usage of the ip of the pi.