Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Assistant plugin available
A user has contributed a plugin that allows SIP integration with Home Assistant.
It is called mqtt_hass and requires SIP to be running under Python 3.

Home Assistant integration using MQTT autodiscovery. Requires SIP version 4.1.25 or later, and base mqtt plugin Run "python3 -m pip install python-slugify --upgrade" before installing this plugin.
<p><br></p>
I could not find the information on the SIP integration with Home Assistant.  Seeing that SIP's user interface is way better than I could ever dream of doing, I was undeterred at making the effort to use SIP as my user interface, MQTT as my communications backbone, Home Assistant as "glue", and MySensors gateway as my relay controller.

One of my objectives was not to rely on changes in these existing programs

The key was Home Assistant; which translates the data from SIP to MySensors.  It came down to one incredibly arcane line of code "{{ (states('sensor.sip')|from_json)[ repeat.index - 1] == 1 }}"

Here is a link to my personal documentation. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sjR0...sp=sharing.

You may find that it's not detailed on the MySensors end.  That is because I found an ESP8266 relay on AliExpress (caveat emptor) for $4.  If I can Tasmotize this device, the whole MySensors part would be obviated and one could easily build a 200+ zone controller for about $4 (plus valve) per zone (plus about $100 for a refurbished computer on Amazon)
Old Surfer Dude