Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master station adjust
Hi Dan,

I've seen that the Master station adjust can only have positive values resulting in the master starting x second(s) after the station is activated. Do you think it is possible without too much work to have an option to start the master before the station? I use the master to switch on the 24v system which drives the valves. To reduce the peak current it would be nice to switch on the (large) transformer first without load and a second later activate the valve(s).

--Gerard
That would be a useful feature.

I'll take a look and see if it is doable.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Was also curious if this is possible? We could definitely use this feature as well.
I am taking a fresh look at it.

I have been working on fixing a master related bug (masters > station 8 would not appear as on when running).
That has caused me to explore how masters are implemented and I now have some new ideas.

It will require modifying the scheduling so that when a master is set to start before a regular station there will be a way to "look ahead" in time to adjust the scheduling accordingly.

Sort of like trying to predict the future. I'll see what I can do.

Dan
<p><br></p>
My first idea did not work.
After some tinkering and thinking I found a solution (I do some of my best programming when I am not near any computer).

You can now enter a negative value for the Master on delay and the master station will start before a station that is set to activate master.
This has been tested to work with regular irrigation programs even if you start the program using the Run now button on the programs page.
It also works from the Run Once page.
It does not work in Manual mode because that does not use the scheduling routines that programs use.

It has an interesting effect when SIP is in concurrent mode. If low numbered stations do not activate the master they begin running immediately. any higher numbered station that activates the master will wait for the master's negative delay period before starting, along with any higher numbered stations.

It took a bit of work but the final result seems pretty straight forward.
The update is available in SIP version 4.1.48 or later.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Nice and thanks for the update!

Just did a quick test on my lab setup. Run Once works indeed great.
On manual mode the master switches on immediate but I see some strange station behavior (GUI?).
I will do some more testing an let you know how it goes.

--Gerard
Works great! Very much appreciated