Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I2C io interface
Gerard,

Your plugin has been added to the SIP plugins repo on GitHub.

I like the fact that you have linked the Help button on the setup page to your gitlab documentation so you can keep it up-to-date.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Thanks Dan,

Good to see the code has made it to the plugin repo.
A reference on the wiki is fine of course. The more info the better.

Renaming the plugin to a less technical name is a good suggestion. I have created an issue for this.

Let's see if there is any interest with hopefully some feedback. Might take some time now the northern hemisphere is going dark and wet for a few months (at least over here :-))

Gerard
hahahahaha, if please change the name, let me buy 10 in advance, pcf8575. they are not compatible yet.

hahahaha, my mistake.

I think it is a great option and I thank all the participants, Gerard, Dam ... and I will wait a little for it to be implemented or buy others, and above all I will read more.

P.S. sorry for the english translated from google.
At the moment I have no pcf8575 modules to test. I can order some if there is any interest to use these modules. Adding support for these modules shouldn't be too difficult.
If I remember well from reading the pcf8575 datasheet the first 8 ports should be addressable with pcf8574 commands so you might try the module if not already done.
Please let me know what the results are when using my plugin on your modules.

--Gerard
Gerard, thank you. When they arrive I will try it. I think yours is a great job, and I can do nothing but thank you.

I wanted to set up 3 programmers with 16 stations, one for me, one for my father and one for my brother. and maybe a quarter because my job is a golf course plumber, to have it as a spare.

but if it doesn't work there is no problem I buy from the others, nothing happens.
Thank you.
ok, let me know and don't hesitate to contact me.

I tried to get the 8575 but there where no suppliers here (EU/NL) where I didn't have to wait 2 or 3 months. The 8574 is widely available here so I have more than enough modules to test with.
In the end, both the 8574 and the 8575 arrived, but I have problems with both:
PCF8575, I can't get any of them to work, I tried them with Arduino and neither, I think they are defective.
PCF8574, everything is fine but I can't get the reverse logic, it turns on all the LEDs and the one that irrigates turns off. active-low relay checked.

I think I will not be able to help you with the PCF8575.
Thank you Gerard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How did you check the output? All pins of the 8574 should be high when SIP is at rest.
Usually relay boards should be pulled down to activate. not sure which board you have.

I haven't tried an "active high" board but will do that one of these days although the plugin is not in control of that, SIP itself does.

Sorry to see the 8575 isn't working. Do you see the boards with the i2c scanner?

--Gerard
yes, you see the PCF8575 in the i2c scanner, it's more I'm still testing, but I have 2 children 1 and 3 years old, and little time.

I do the tests with some 8 led modules that are very good for testing, and the relay modules that I have are activated high, but that's the least of it, I'll look for a logic inverter.
ok, active-low should be off then. Let me know if it works, otherwise I will add an option to invert the output.

take your time, family/children first!