Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I2C io interface
Most IO boards like relay board usually use the active low principle.
This is because IO drivers like most processors, drivers like the pcf8574 etc. use an open collector output which means the driver only has to pull the pin down and is not dependent on the vcc.

In the meantime I tested both configurations, with common vcc and with common gnd. Both work fine now with the minor code change of course.

My own GitLab repo is up to date now, the plugin section on Dan's GitHub not yet. So you could pull the latest version from my repo and do a manual install.
I understand you perfectly and I will explain to you, when they changed the programmers of the golf course, they threw away all the relays and others to be recycled and I will have 15 or 20 modules of 8 relays, which have an integrated displacement register, and I annulled the system and put them with transistors. and a crude arduino program. and one day I found you and said I want.

I do all this to recycle what I have, if I were to buy it, I would buy the correct one.

I attach a photo, I still have one with shift register on, but if pcf gets stuck, I don't try the shift register.

Thank you very much

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2022 Jan 20, 05:32 PM)astrogerard Wrote: If you are convenient is changing 1 line in the plugincode here is what to try.

On line 111 there is "if gv.srvals[sid]: "  please change this to:  "if gv.output_srvals[sid]: "

This should do the the trick for now. In the meantime I do some more testing and will update the repo asap.

See also: https://gitlab.com/seventer/pcf857x_plug...3d2fbc75db

Fantastic, everything works perfectly, with combined stations too, thank you very much. If you ever spend the summer in Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Spain. We drink a few beers.
Thanks for the feedback and good to see it is working now. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any issues or other suggestions.

Spain I will keep in mind. The closest we have been is in the Estepona/Gibraltar area and on the other side the Algarve(Pt). And most of the time was spent on the golf course.  Smile  Thanks for the invitation though.

@Dan, the corrected code is in my GitLab repo  I think we have to find a way to (regularly) update your plugin repo. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

--Gerard
thanks to you, and if one day you want to try something with the PCF8575, let me know.

I think that with the PCF8574, it works very well. and it's not worth the effort to get the PCF8575 working.
At the moment I have no PCF8575 and ordering here in The Netherlands is a bit difficult or I have to wait many months for it to arrive.
When I have such a board (or just an IC) I will either add these to the current plugin or make a new plugin.
A google search here indicates the PCF8575 is obsolete and TI has discontinued production.
<p><br></p>
(2022 Jan 25, 03:43 PM)dan Wrote: A google search here indicates the PCF8575 is obsolete and TI has discontinued production.

NXP, the successor of the i2c inventor Philips (and my previous employer  Wink ) still deliver these ic's. 
Not sure about the "easy modules" which come from Asia. Just for fun I would like to play with it. 
Maybe it is better that I rename my plugin and replace the x with 4 so that there are no false hopes anymore.
(2022 Jan 25, 04:38 PM)astrogerardo Wrote:
(2022 Jan 25, 03:43 PM)dan Wrote: Una búsqueda en Google aquí indica que el PCF8575 está obsoleto y TI ha interrumpido la producción.

NXP, el sucesor del inventor de i2c, Philips (y mi empleador anterior  Wink ), aún ofrece estos circuitos integrados. 
No estoy seguro acerca de los "módulos fáciles" que vienen de Asia. Sólo por diversión me gustaría jugar con él. 
Tal vez sea mejor que cambie el nombre de mi complemento y reemplace la x con 5 para que ya no haya falsas esperanzas.

X por 4...