Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest version does not work for me.
Hi,
Thanks for a wonderful system and all the hard work that has been put into it. SIP has been truly great, even managing our watering in Australia from onboard a cruise in Norway, truly amazing. Obviously pre COVID.

I had a problem with my raspi installation so had to start again. SIP installs and runs but the web UI but does not respond to button presses. Fortunately I had a copy of SIP folder from before the problems so I was able to copy it back and all is well.
Current Versions:
Raspian Buster
SIP 4.0.2

SIP fails on current version downloaded today May 29, 2021

I can stay with 4.0.2 as it does all I need.
I just downloaded a fresh copy of SIP and it seems to be working properly under both Python2 and Python3.

The UI is responsive.
The only problems that I can think of is if you are running SIP under Python3. You would need to install the Python 3 version of rpi_gpio:
Code:
sudo apt install python3-rpi.gpio

It that is not installed SIP will appear to be working but no stations will be activated.

Also the OpenSprinkler app is no longer compatible. SIP has had many improvements to it's native UI for mobile devices.
If you had been using the mobile app for remote access I would suggest using pivpn:
https://www.pivpn.io/
It will allow remote access from anywhere in the world.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Hi Dan,
Here is what I have found.
Did this "sudo apt install python3-rpi.gpio"
New install
Setup systemctl for sip3
Watched journalctl -u sip3.service -f Seems to be starting correctly.

Now here are the issues:
Not working correctly in chrome either on windows or android. The only top menu button that works is Plugins. Tested in MS Edge and Safari, and the UI all works as expected.
Using sip3 however does not fire the actual pins. gpio readall shows all sip pins as INPUT and never change state.

Change from sip3.service back to sip.service using systemctl.
MS Edge and Safari UI work and PINS are programmed correctly. Relays fire.
Still not working in Chrome.
I hope this makes it clearer.
Cheers

Update: correction outputs still not working. Reverted to 4.0.2
Thanks for the feedback. Interesting.

I have been testing with Chrome, Edge and Firefox on Windows but have not seen the issues you describe.
You mentioned relays. Are you using one of the relay plugins or the shift register interface?

Also, which version of Raspbian (now PI OS) are you using e.g. light, with desktop or desktop and recommended software?

I would like to fix any problems with SIP but of course I need to be able to re-create the problem.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Hi Dan
I am using a new install of the current version Buster Lite.
No desktop and only base software. I am only installing what is required.
It is a. Pi 3B with the commonly available 8 channel relay board and relay plugin.
It is no big deal to me as the version that works does all I need but only too willing to help if I can.
I will have another pi3 soon so I will try on it.

Gary
Thanks Gary,

I will do some further testing. Please do let me know what you find with your new Pi3.

I also have tested with the relay16 plugin and on Android with Chrome and Firefox. Still no problems.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Hi Dan,
I did a new install on the rPi 3 and everything works. I have no idea why my other pi 3 will not work correctly.
Thanks again for your generous work.
Hi Dan,
I have found the issue on my original installation. It is something to do with local DNS. Browsing to SIP by ip always works.
I have a weird setup, pfsense firewall and pihole adblocking. Pihole, SIP and Octoprint are all on the same Raspberry Pi with aliases for each.
So something strange happens in all browsers apart from edge. They break on most aliases at this point, apart from the alias for octoprint:
::ffff:10.0.0.181:51404 - - [15/Jun/2021 16:08:45] "HTTP/1.1 GET /api/status" - 200 OK
::ffff:10.0.0.181:51404 - - [15/Jun/2021 16:08:49] "HTTP/1.1 GET /" - 200 OK
::ffff:10.0.0.181:61182 - - [15/Jun/2021 16:08:50] "HTTP/1.1 GET /static/images/favicon-32x32.png" - 200
::ffff:10.0.0.181:51404 - - [15/Jun/2021 16:08:50] "HTTP/1.1 GET /api/status" - 200 OK
::ffff:10.0.0.181:58405 - - [15/Jun/2021 16:09:10] "HTTP/1.1 GET /" - 200 OK

The scripts are never fetched.
I don't think it an issue with your software. I think I have an error in my local DNS configuration.
Thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to provide the feedback.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Hi Dan,
Here I am again.
After extensive DNS config and testing, I have concluded that SIP current version is just not happy with other services , Octoprint and Pihole, on the same Pi.
Even if the homepage loads and works, other actions fail. e.g. Run Once fails to a blank page with the string sent showing.
I am giving up now and going back to the old version. It is not worth running separate Pi,s just to get a the updated version running.
As most, if not all other users are not having issues, my issue is not worth further effort.
Is the last version of 4.0xx still available or even worth getting?