Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimum Run Time
Would be nice to limit the system to not run for anything less than x mins/secs in the Weather Plugin.  My system ran for a whopping 6 secs per station yesterday.

Cheers!
That is basically a good idea.

Question: would the minimum run time be best set as seconds or minutes?

It may be possible but I will need to do some testing to see if it can be made to actually prevent a station from starting if the scheduled duration is at or below the set minimum.

I will report back here with the results.
You can subscribe to this thread near the bottom of this page (on the left) to be notified.

Dan
<p><br></p>
(2020 Jun 11, 03:58 PM)dan Wrote: That is basically a good idea.

It may be possible but I will need to do some testing to see if it can be made to actually prevent a station from starting if the scheduled duration is at or below the set minimum.

Dan

I was thinking about a user defined number.
(2020 Jun 11, 04:22 PM)PolarBear56 Wrote:
(2020 Jun 11, 03:58 PM)dan Wrote: That is basically a good idea.

Dan

I was thinking about a user defined number.
Yes, of course it will be a user defined number. After I wrote that question I realized that the input can have both minutes and seconds fields.

I have been tinkering with the plugin and have working code that prevents a program from running if the duration is less than a specified value. I just need to add an input field to the plugin's setup page and add some code to store the value.

It may be a day or so until I have an updated plugin ready.

Dan
<p><br></p>
On a side note, I've tried several times to update using the update plugin. The system restarts but does not update. Thoughts?

Cheers!
(2020 Jun 11, 07:43 PM)PolarBear56 Wrote: On a side note, I've tried several times to update using the update plugin.  The system restarts but does not update. Thoughts?

Cheers!
Not sure why it wouldn't work.

The best way to update is to log into the SIP folder and use the command line:
Code:
git pull
<p><br></p>
Got it updated...I believe it had to do with the convert_progs file I changed when updating from v3 to v4. Renamed the file and the pull worked fine.

Cheers!
OK.
The weather_level_adj plugin has been updated to add a minimum run time field.

You should be able to just re-install the plugin without un-installing it first. This will preserve your current settings while adding the new feature. You will need to restart SIP though. You can do that on the Options page at the bottom.

The help file has also been updated to include the new feature. A setting of 0:0 = no minimum.

You can test the minimum setting by running a Run Once program from the main menu when the weather plugin is in effect.

Let me know if you find any bugs.

Dan
<p><br></p>