Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concurrent/Sequential
Would be nice to be able to have a single program handle sequential and concurrent sprinkler zones.

For example, I would like to be able to run zones 1-5 sequentially, then run zones 6 and 7 concurrently, etc.  The only way I see to do that is to not have sequential zones checked off and then create individual programs for each zone with start times and durations.  So, Program 1 (zone 1) would start at 00:00.  Program 2 (zone 2) would then start at 02:00 for 2 hours, etc thru Zone 5 for the sequential zones.  Then Program 6 (zone 6) would come on at let say 08:00 for 30 mins.  Program 7 (zone 7) would also come on at 08:00 for 30 mins.

So, I create several programs to handle this scenario.  It would be convenient if, within a single program, one could link 2 or more zones together as one while the others are sequential.  Makes editing programs much easier and also easier to perform a "run now" to run all my zones in the way I need to.

I have a few flower bed zones running mostly drippers that I need to link together.  If I run them individually, the pump is putting out quite a bit of pressure and getting close to blowing seals.  I can also put a jumper between two zones on my TIAO Sprinkler Pi board, but was wondering if its possible to do this in software.
An interesting question.

The concurrent/sequential options are an integral part of the core SIP code. It may be possible to make a plugin that would allow multiple stations to be linked and run as one. Sort of an alias for a single station.

This could also solve the requirement of needing multiple masters as has occurred occasionally in the past.

I will look into it.
It might be a good way to spend some time during the pandemic.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Having given this some thought, it looks doable.

Some extra stations could be added to the SIP UI beyond the number of physical stations. These extra stations could be configured in a plugin to turn on multiple stations concurrently.

SIP broadcasts a signal (via the blinker module) when stations are turned on or off. This signal could be used by the plugin to look for one of the extra stations being turned on or off and control the associated linked physical stations accordingly.

I will work on it and report back.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Thanks for the quick response.  Much appreciated
OK.

There is a new plugin named combine_stations that allows multiple stations to combined and run concurrently while SIP in sequential mode.

Let me know if there are any problems or if the documentation is not clear.

Dan
<p><br></p>
(2020 May 30, 08:27 PM)dan Wrote: OK.

There is a new plugin named combine_stations that allows multiple stations to combined and run concurrently while SIP in sequential mode.

Let me know if there are any problems or if the documentation is not clear.

Dan
Worked perfectly for me.  Thanks a bunch
Dan,

I'm wondering if there might be a complimentary approach, in which different .programs. could each be assigned their own sequential mode. In systems that have high volume stations like sprinklers, there might also be low volume stations like drippers, that can and should run simultaneously with each other.

Thanks,

Hugie
(2021 Oct 03, 07:13 PM)hugie Wrote: Dan,

I'm wondering if there might be a complimentary approach, in which different .programs. could each be assigned their own sequential mode.  In systems that have high volume stations like sprinklers, there might also be low volume stations like drippers, that can and should run simultaneously with each other.

Thanks,

Hugie

Take a look at the combine_stations plugin.

Dan
<p><br></p>