Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding option for manual start push button via GPIO
Hello, this might be a plugin feature request. I wish I was a programmer.  I have done some basic things with Python and GPIO’s on my raspberry pi’s but when I tried to deep dive into your code I found that it was over my head. So, I have my SIP controller in my garage, and I was thinking that it would be nice to have an option to have a momentary push button assigned for each Station on a vacant GPIO pin.  So each button would represent a station and if you pushed the button it would manually turn that station on for a pre-specified amount of time. If you hit that same button again then it would turn that station back off or pushing a button assigned to another station would change to the new station and turn the previous station off.    Thank you for any help ! John
If you have the Pi connected to the internet through a router with wifi you can access SIP on a cell phone and control the stations using that.
<p><br></p>
LOL, my wife said the same thing as I use my phone currently.  Sometimes I am out in the garage and leave my phone inside especially when working on the sprinklers or doing yard work.   It was just a laziness request.  Rolleyes  Thought it would be cool to just push a button and it interact with the program.   Thank you, John