Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem at restart
Hi all,

i'm asking for some help as i installed SIP and i get all stations running for 5 minutes after system reboots when power goes off. Then, station 2 goes on for another 5 minutes, the system behaves normally as defined in programs.

I'm using relay_16 plugin.

Thanks in advance.
I am not sure about the problem you are describing.

Are you saying that the each station is programmed to run for 5 minutes and after a restart only station 2 runs for an additional 5 minutes?

Without seeing your actual program configuration it is hard to know what the problem is.

Can you describe your program schedule in more detail?
Thanks dan for your support.

The program scheduled consist of every station of the 3 i have, running three times a day (every 8 hours) for 5 minutes each in a sequential way. After rebooting, all stations run simultaneously for 5 mins aprox., then station 2 goes for another 5 mins and finally, the system goes in normal state, i.e., the next cycle takes place 8 hours later, as expected.

Sorry but i don't have access to Rpi at this moment, to show the program scheduled.

Maybe the problem is related to a lack of internet access, as the Rpi hasn't got internal clock?

Regards.
(2019 May 16, 08:10 PM)Ajpul Wrote: Thanks dan for your support.

The program scheduled consist of every station of the 3 i have, running three times a day  (every 8 hours) for 5 minutes each in a sequential way. After rebooting, all stations run simultaneously for 5 mins aprox., then station 2 goes for another 5 mins and finally, the system goes in normal state, i.e., the next cycle takes place 8 hours later, as expected.

Sorry but i don't have access to Rpi at this moment, to show the program scheduled.

Maybe the problem is related to a lack of internet access, as the Rpi hasn't got internal clock?

Regards.

Yes.

Not having internet access will definitely cause timing problems.
You might be able to add a "real time clock" such as the one from Adafruit:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3386

I have used that on a system that runs off solar power and without an internet connection.
Hello,

after installing a RTC as suggested, the problem wasn't solved. In fact, after booting, all the stations run all the time, until I action some control, then the stations stop and only start when programmed. The relay board i use is active LOW.

I realized that setting the plugin as active HIGH, was the only way the system works fine, unless the issue above described.

After reviewing the code and doing some checks, i found the solution consists of inverting de initialization settings,  i.d., stating the initial status as HIGH in the case of active HIGH set in the plugin, and vice versa.

I hope this can help someone with same problem.

Regards

modified script part in attached file
Hi, has this issue been resolved in any of the releases? I am also experiencing it?
In summary, when the system boots up after a power failure, all stations are stuck open.
(2022 Jul 24, 07:53 AM)Fishey1704 Wrote: Hi, has this issue been resolved in any of the releases? I am also experiencing it?
In summary, when the system boots up after a power failure, all stations are stuck open.

Could you give us a bit more information about your setup?

Which plugin are you using to control the relays?
Did you also add a real time clock module when the problem started?
As described by Ajpu does the problem go away after activating a control?
<p><br></p>