Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation broken after latest update
Hi Dan,

First of all thank you very much for all your work on this. I've been using it for many years.

I updated to the latest using the system update plugin yesterday. Now most of the GUI buttons don't work and scheduled runs aren't working. The home page doesn't show today's schedule but clicking the 'Next day' button (one of the few that works now) shows tomorrows schedule correctly.

The only other buttons that work for me now are the Plugins button and the System on, Normal, Active and Auto switches.

I last updated 1-2 months ago (I think) and everything was running fine. How can I force a reinistall and retain settings?

Cheers
David
That does not sound good. I'll have a look to see if there is a problem with the latest rev.

Your setting are in the SIP/data folder. You can rename the current SIP folder to something like SIP-old before the new install and then copy the files from SIP-old/data to the new SIP/data folder. That should preserve all your settings.

Dan
<p><br></p>
There is a problem with the latest update. I am seeing the same things you reported.
I am working on a fix.

EDIT:
I pushed a fix for the button problem but the UI is still a little messed up - working on that.
EDIT 2:
The problem I see with the UI only appears on Firefox desktop. It looks OK on Chrome browser and Firefox on Android. Very strange.

You can get the new update with:

Code:
git pull

from the SIP directory. It should work properly without having to do a full install.
Dan
<p><br></p>
Thanks Dan, much appreciated. That's a lot better now.

It's still not showing today's runs but that's only cosmetic, I can see them in the log.

I thought the scheduled runs weren't working but it looks like thay were. At this time of year I only have very short runs of misters in the greenhouse so that must have already dried out when I checked on it. We're just into Spring here so the temps can fluctuate a lot.

Again thank you for all your work on this.
I tested a fresh download and it is showing today's runs.
Let me know if you are still not seeing them after a day or so.

Dan
<p><br></p>
Maybe silly but recently I also did an update and found lots of weird GUI behavior.  A simple clear cache from the browser solved the all the issues. 

--Gerard
Thank you, clearing the cache fixed it.
Glad to hear and thanks for the feedback!