Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error During Upgrade
I did the upgrade through the UI and it never responded.  I rebooted my pi and saw that SIP was not running after reboot when it normally is.  I ssh'd into the pi and went to SIP dir and try to manually run it below cmd and getting error.

sudo python sip.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sip.py", line 22, in <module>
    import gv
  File "/home/pi/SIP/gv.py", line 117, in <module>
    pd = load_programs()  # Load program data from file
  File "/home/pi/SIP/helpers.py", line 558, in load_programs
    import convert_progs
  File "/home/pi/SIP/convert_progs.py", line 5
    import json
        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
(2020 Apr 13, 06:19 PM)WVUTampaAlum Wrote: I did the upgrade through the UI and it never responded.  I rebooted my pi and saw that SIP was not running after reboot when it normally is.  I ssh'd into the pi and went to SIP dir and try to manually run it below cmd and getting error.

sudo python sip.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sip.py", line 22, in <module>
    import gv
  File "/home/pi/SIP/gv.py", line 117, in <module>
    pd = load_programs()  # Load program data from file
  File "/home/pi/SIP/helpers.py", line 558, in load_programs
    import convert_progs
  File "/home/pi/SIP/convert_progs.py", line 5
    import json
        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
It looks like your are upgrading from SIP version 3 to version 4.
Version 4 has many changes including a new format for storing irrigation programs.

I would suggest that you rename the the sip folder to something like SIP-backup and do a fresh install from the Pi directory use:
git clone https://github.com/Dan-in-CA/SIP.git

Then you can copy your settings (programs.json, sd.json and snames.json) from the backup in SIP/data to the new install. There is a utility program in the SIP folder named convert.progs.py that will convert your programs.json to an new file named "programData.json". It will leave you old programs file intact as a backup.

Let me know how it goes
Dan
<p><br></p>
I basically did a fresh install. Issue I'm having now is password does not seem to work. I searched and found opendoor but that does not work either and if I enable passphrase I lock myself out of the system.
(2020 Apr 14, 01:13 AM)WVUTampaAlum Wrote: I basically did a fresh install.  Issue I'm having now is password does not seem to work.  I searched and found opendoor but that does not work either and if I enable passphrase I lock myself out of the system.
There was a change in the password code to increase security.
I would suggest that you rename the file SIP/data/sd.json to something like sd.json-bak. This should enable you to access the program when you restart SIP. SIP will create a new sd.json file with default settings. You will need to reset your settings including a passphrase if you use one.
<p><br></p>
(2020 Apr 14, 03:49 AM)dan Wrote:
(2020 Apr 14, 01:13 AM)WVUTampaAlum Wrote: I basically did a fresh install.  Issue I'm having now is password does not seem to work.  I searched and found opendoor but that does not work either and if I enable passphrase I lock myself out of the system.
There was a change in the password code to increase security.
I would suggest that you rename the file SIP/data/sd.json to something like sd.json-bak. This should enable you to access the program when you restart SIP. SIP will create a new sd.json file with default settings. You will need to reset your settings including a passphrase if you use one.

That worked Dan.  Thank you much!